Big pack hiker who sleeps with bears in tent and falls on slippery logs
Posted - 02/02/2005 : 10:06 AM
| Buy & Sell Forum Recommendations:
1. New CT members who have not been on the site for long (or not many posts) are encouraged to include a little more info with their post. In the past new members who have signed up to unload a bunch of gear have raised the eyebrows of some. To avoid unnecessary discussion after the post, it is recommended that you either become more established on the board before posting, or simply include more info with your buy and sell post.
2. If you have several items to sell, consider creating a single post for the items rather than a separate post for each one.
Buy & Sell Forum Guidelines:
1. Caveat emptor! ClubTread is not responsible for gear bought, sold or traded, or the transactions / dealings between involved parties. We do not administer, govern, or influence these relationships in any way.
2. Veto Power. We reserve the right to edit or remove postings at our discretion. This includes the initial posting and/or any replies that are thought to be unsuitable.
3. The forum is for use by individuals, not commercial enterprises.
4. Outdoor Equipment Only. Keep postings limited to outdoor equipment that's intended for self-propelled (non-motorized) wilderness adventure. No cars, dirt bikes, rental property, gift vouchers, hockey equipment, hunting/fishing gear, or BBQ's please.
5. No duplicate postings.
6. List your price in either Canadian or US dollars.
7. Keep It Legal. No illegal activities (i.e. no stolen stuff). Suspicious items will be investigated and removed.
8. No spam. Anything that looks or smells like spam will be removed.
9. No links to ebay auctions. Cross links to eBay auctions are not suitable.
10. Keep chatter to a minimum. Keep the posts that are made to serious inquiries (i.e. don't bother posting that you're not interested, can't afford it, etc.) Keeping the threads free of clutter will help the person trying to make the sale.
11. If a member is aware that a product is substandard or being sold at a cost that is unreasonable for the condition or market value, they can reply to the thread or email the seller. Replies must be polite and kept strictly to the product being sold, not directed to the intention of the seller. If you feel that a seller is intentionally trying to take advantage of members, email CT admin for review and/or action.
I hope that these guidelines will help to protect all members and promote a continued positive experience buying and selling outdoor gear.