Author Topic  

Zoran
Intermediate Member

Burnaby, BC
Canada

507 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  07:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
quote:
It’s a singular feeling when you’re 33 and talking to your mother and she says, “You know what I think you should try? Match.com.”

Then there’s another feeling when you say to your mother, “Well, Mom, I had this weird feeling about meeting women and telling them I live in a van full of climbing gear, but then I realized I really only am interested in women who could be interested in a guy who lives in a van full of climbing gear. If that makes any sense.” I think my mom is really proud.

http://semi-rad.com/2012/04/the-rules-for-dating-a-dirtbag/
ClubTread Supporter

Kid Charlemagne

1337 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  3:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, when you tell your significant other that you're going to use your limited vacation time to fly half way around the world to some romantic place and climb something that isn't her, you're definitely testing (or killing) the relationship.

Saltfactory

Kamloops, BC
Canada

167 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  06:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HA! This seems all to familiar..
ClubTread Supporter

Dru
Mountain Grammar Police

Sardonic sandbagging scoundrel, Cascade Climbers lobotomized spraymeister, space blanket flyer, new millennium vulgarian betaboy and friend to all squids

Climbing, a mountain
Canada

∞ Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  10:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And then when you do date a climber, this shit happens:

http://vimeo.com/39794682
ClubTread Supporter

exscape
Advanced Member

Outdoors addicted flyfishing, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking car crooner and resident motormouth

Da'Wack, BC
Canada

5391 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  11:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theres nothing better than sharing the backpacking load , camp set-up and alpine sunsets with one you love. As long as they aren't dirtbags.

sixer

Vancouver, BC
Canada

305 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  12:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ROFLMAO... had to hit the mute button on the boring conference call I'm stuck on, as I got the giggles reading and watching that...

cambium
Advanced Member

3022 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
attitudes!
ClubTread Supporter

Rented Mule
Advanced Member

Utah's canyon trekking,deck chair packing desert explorer who dreams of visiting Canada someday

3988 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  9:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Conversations when your significant other has NO clue about hiking...she said....

What do you need that, for? You already have lots of maps. $$$$

Why do you need two camelbaks? You shouldn't be going somewhere that requires THAT much water.

I had a dream that you fell in the gorge.....be careful on your hike today honey. I just have a weird bad feeling. (pre-dawn kiss goodbye!)

How should I know if it was a poisonous spider. Yes, the bite is red...but you keep messing with it and it is getting redder. Do you want to go to the E.R.???

70 dollars for a flashlight? tactical light? good luck finding a battery for it....
she was right, there...shhhhh

why do you need TWO hiking poles? I never saw two poles for sale before. those guys who make those fancy wooden poles don't make em in pairs. Why not get a set of cheap ski poles at the 2nd hand store.

Please don't tell me you took my MUSTANG on a dirt road? what were you thinking?

But, she knows I love it. I love her more, though....that's what counts. So, I will shed the gear, the spf shirts, take a shower, shave, and take her to Vegas tomorrow for dinner and a show..... Besides, opposites attract. hehe

Topic  
 All Forums > Lodge > The Lodge Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam