Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 4
ClubTread Supporter

camshaft

1456 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  8:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
I was thinking after reading John's story about dogs it would never happen to me.

If you don't recall search for johngenx and his great post "Facking dogs in the backcountry!"

Any ways...
If you are a responsible boat owner or dog owner then these are the clowns that destroy that image.

Paddling Pit lake is not a normally recommended location for the obvious reason boaters. Which can be annoying but we left on Thursday and returned on Sunday this august. Everything was pretty much fine till Friday night. We stopped at Osprey Creek being one of the nice recommended locations with sandy beach. Had a large group of boaters on one side but they where pretty quiet and things looked great...
Till a boat came straight for our site at 630-700pm ish beached and two dogs jumped off. And proceeded to poop and piss all over our small camping spot. Where we actually had to stand and watch our tent and gear from getting pissed on. We sternly told the A**hole owner to watch his facking dogs as they where doing business all over the area we where eating, sleeping and camping. Go into the forest you lazy JackA**
Where the owner proceeded to tell us he only stopped to let his dogs do their business on route to his cabin. Complete idiot....
Wanted to get his cabin location so I could take a huge dump right on his door step. He left and that Friday night stinking but peaceful.

Saturday morning is when the boat clown show started and we where packing up to get the hell out of dodge.
Where again another boat beached and politely asked if they could share the beach. This was before we saw two stupid dogs which again started the cycle. Owners let the dogs loose and once again they started pooping and pissing all over the sandy beach site. And we had to watch closely so they didn't piss on our stuff. FU**ME ignorant idiots...
We again asked them to take control of their dogs and did nothing....
Fine what ever.............. lets get the hell out of here......
Just when you think things couldn't get worse another boat beached and another dog jumped off. And again started the cycle of pooping and pissing all over the site. Where you had to watch him so he didn't piss on our stuff AGAIN!!!! We sternly told the owners to leash the stupid thing or go else where and they just ignored us and unloaded their boat...

Edited by - camshaft on 08/26/2011 8:44 PM

no quitting
Advanced Member

Powell River, bc
Canada

2749 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  8:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???
ClubTread Supporter

camshaft

1456 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  8:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry No quitting it posted it before it was completed..
And the full story was inserted

quote:
Originally posted by no quitting

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???

no quitting
Advanced Member

Powell River, bc
Canada

2749 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  9:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's ok....I wasn't WTF ing you LOLOL I was thinking that guy with the boat is an ass for parking almost on top of the kayak!! Now I'm waiting.....hurry LOLOL

no quitting
Advanced Member

Powell River, bc
Canada

2749 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  9:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love dogs......but ya,what a bunch of douchebags!!!! You need to come paddling up here,never see anyone at all :)

cambium
Advanced Member

3022 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  9:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had to go to the Police recently when some possible pervy with a remote cam-mounted on his stealth dog started stalking and taking pics of my kids and their young friends in a remote river setting.
Caught the guy after the kids noted the dog,[ at first I was thinking WTF ? a wolf ?] and when gave him what's what . Tracked him later and got his tags ID.

A few days ago in the backcountry some other knob busted thru our 'private ' beach setting when he had a line-of-sight and two other options , and proceeded to unleash his large dog upon us against our express commands to stop , and threatened us and then a nose-to-nose with him ... very tense and full of umbrage.
Totally unCanadian & violated several points of etiquette & Codes of Conduct .
Lucky for him quote-unquote in reverse that my Kids were Not with me.
I don't tolerate unCanadian attitudes and rudeness too well .
Backcountry is filling up with some kind of wierdo's and perverts and others with a sense of ' entitlement'and no regards for others .

Let me be clear .
Usually it is the Dog Owner , Not the Dog , that is agressive or rude.
Time for Canadian Prosecutors and RCMP to reconsider its options for Victims of Aggressive people ... .

Other than that , My summer was Fantastic , as you may note my long absence till today .
Found an island community where the OCP/bylaws frowns heavily on Dog-owner-stupidity.
Seems they value tourism and peace and clean pissless beaches and trails.
That's where we've been a lot this year.

Serenity .

Edited by - cambium on 08/27/2011 2:06 PM

sgRant
Advanced Member

Vancouver
2448 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  10:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This website is a directory for boat owners wanting to empty their dogs:
http://www.island.net/~bcamp/

Hiking Solo

Not too far from Edmonton, Alberta
Canada

230 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by camshaft

Wanted to get his cabin location so I could take a huge dump right on his door step.

Amen to that!!

cambium
Advanced Member

3022 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  12:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgRant

Many of these are Parks , I am familiar with some ... follow the leash laws and migratory bird protection acts, WMA's, etc...
Yield to non-dog owners and beach users. Pack out the poop , don't bury , and water down the piss-spots.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Mysterious, pop can stove stashin', gps totin', overnighter virgin, wannabe tentmaker and foul weather wuss who rides a thumper to the trailhead with wonderdog Max to hike the Chilliwack Valley

Chwk
Canada

5066 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  10:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are probably the same kind of people that will cut you off in traffic, and then give you the finger when you call them on it.
It isn't a dog-thing, it's an idiotic, inbred, entitlement-thing.

You can't fix stupid (legally).

mick range
Extreme Hoser

Trail running, bike hucking, fast packing, beer drinking collector of pine cones on a day pass

AKA

Dances with Trees

Forest Gnome Cabin
Canada

13525 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  1:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fackin' morons!

cambium
Advanced Member

3022 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  2:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ camshaft...

I might have a usefull suggestion;
although i am unfamiliar with this location where this happened , perhaps a well documented video and pics and boat registration number[s] & witnesses and your concern about the violation of your water quality & day-use/camp on-site and hygeine violations that occurred actively in your presence , could be submitted to a Regional or District Health Safety Officer , and if favorable , lodge a formal complaint or charge against the NitWits.
There are jurisdictions that have bylaws against this thing on foreshores and some private resorts on public foreshores also have clear regulations about that too.
It wouldn't be precedent setting , just aserting your rights to a safe hygeinic environment within reason.
Sounds like these people you encountered were not with reason .
ClubTread Supporter

Ronbo

Edited by
Ron Paley

Maple Ridge, B.C.
Canada

1438 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  7:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use a bear banger to their heads next time. Amazing what it will do for their complextion ...

Edited by - Ronbo on 08/27/2011 7:33 PM

sgRant
Advanced Member

Vancouver
2448 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  12:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgRant

And according to the website, one of the sources the page author uses for additional places where boat folks can shit their dogs, is clubtread.

I find it ironic that these folks keep their blinding white boats in such fastidious condition, yet have no qualms leaving dogshit where others want to relax, hike and camp. Nice people.

johngenx
Advanced Member

Finally stopping that crazy suffering that is ice, climbing to concentrate on great ski tours!
3727 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  07:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that the growing population of self-entitled assholes are also dog owners. Dogs have become a major thorn in the sides of people trying to recreate.

time2clmb
Advanced Member

Alberta-based choss climbin', flame throwin', rappel lovin', ass talkin' hater who doesn't like "Gumby" for a descriptor

6302 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  07:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johngenx

It seems to me that the growing population of self-entitled assholes are also dog owners. Dogs have become a major thorn in the sides of people trying to recreate.

Even worse....alot of them are reproducing future super self-entitled assholes.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Mysterious, pop can stove stashin', gps totin', overnighter virgin, wannabe tentmaker and foul weather wuss who rides a thumper to the trailhead with wonderdog Max to hike the Chilliwack Valley

Chwk
Canada

5066 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No kidding.
A few weeks ago, while at an Interior lake, these nimrods left their dog tied to their camper and went out fishing in the bay. Of course, the dog could see them the whole time and barked NO-STOP for over an hour. By the time they came back to shore, there was a whole group of people waiting to "talk" to them. It didn't happen again.

In July, while vacationing on one of the Gulf Islands, we had a new neighbour move into the campsite beside us. They had one of those small yappy dogs that barked at anything/everything while the owners just sat and did nothing. At times, they would ENCOURAGE it to bark at seagulls, plants, passing cruise ships, etc.

Again, you can't fix stupid (legally).

dav1481
Intermediate Member

931 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  09:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by time2clmb

quote:

Even worse....alot of them are reproducing future super self-entitled assholes.

It's the law of Idiocracy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRjmyJFzrU&sns=em

xj6response
Intermediate Member

Sunshine Coast, BC
Canada

708 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  1:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just last week, while hauling up a lovely trail to a local summit, three gnarling pooches came right out of nowhere and laid claim to my right knee. One landed a solid, malevolent bite. After threatening the owner with actions most terminal, she relented and gave the dog's tag number. What followed was the usual drivel about "he's never done that before!" as i headed downhill to get a tetanus shot, antibiotic prescription and then report it to the regional district. I'm left disgusted with the whole subject.

From 1979-1995, as a forest engineer, i dragged my sorry keester up and down the most unforgiving, isolated backcountry from Campbell River to to Golden to Juneau Alaska, and beyond. In that time there were dozens of animal encounters from grizzlies to timber wolves, to wolverines and cougars. Nothing in any of that was ever so distressing as encountering unleashed, yapping, defecating mutts in the company of their self-indulgent masters.

next time i shall jam my hiking pole up the dog's and the owner's a-holes ... and i hope you all do the same

LaBowe
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  2:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a road and mtn bike rider I have had numerous encounters over the decades with bears and have never felt threatened giving them the respect they deserve, after all I am the intruder. I feel privileged to say I have also had one encountered a cougar again without again feeling threatened. However the number of times I have been threatened by dogs (and their owners when questioning their lack of control of their mutts) in the bush, on trails, on the side of the road, from passing trucks (the pick-up drivers think that's really funny!!) has been far too numerous. After a recent encounter at a protected ground nesting area when I asked a dog owner to leash his hound (BIG SIGNS EVERYWHERE)and got the "i have him under control" answer I have thrown my hands up! The mentality of some dog owners (far too many) is one that the rules and common civility don't apply to them and the one I have heard so many times " ah don't worry he wouldn't hurt a fly" as I am trying to calmer up a tree in the woods to get away from the snarling beast. Its the owners not the dogs that need some education, the dogs for the most will do what they are taught.
ClubTread Supporter

AcesHigh
Advanced Member

Chilliwack, BC
Canada

7494 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  2:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not on any side here, but what I gather is...
Some of the complainers wish that hikers would leave their dogs at home, or keep them on a leash at all times when bushwhacking and going up over and under logs, and wandering in the bush.

Why not just keep the dogs in a jail/kettle at home? For god sakes don't let them free...
Don't let your dogs wander and enjoy themselves in nature.

I have to say if I went for a hike in the bush, and had a good dog, there is a likely chance I'd let the dog roam, and crap in the woods. I wouldn't be carrying dog shit around with me on a hike. All the goody goody hikers would carry that crap for miles, not me. Where the hell do you think wild animals crap? You'll find bear crap, deer crap, marmott crap, cougar crap on hikes, but because it is natural crap it's "OK".

Of course if you have a big dog it is considerate to leash it if the dog is approaching humans and likes to jump up and lick etc.

All you anti-dog/haters should lay it to rest, next week yull all find something else to complain about...

(Chuckle) It is kind of comical.

PS: There's a real good chance you wouldn't care if a search and rescue dog found you, while unleashed, and crapping in the bush.

Edited by - AcesHigh on 08/28/2011 2:55 PM
Page: of 4 Topic  
Next Page
 All Forums > Activity Specific > Hiking and Backpacking Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam