The Lodge
 Canucks, say it aint so?
Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 90

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Mysterious, pop can stove stashin', gps totin', overnighter virgin, wannabe tentmaker and foul weather wuss who rides a thumper to the trailhead with wonderdog Max to hike the Chilliwack Valley

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  8:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never said that Vancouver wasn't a "good" team , did I?
I have questioned their ability to become champions, and I have mocked their history, but I have NEVER said they were a crappy team.
I don't worship them as much as some of you do, but I have NEVER said they were a "bad" team, in fact...if you go back a few pages, I admitted that LAST YEAR'S lineup was quite likely the best they ever had.
They just couldn't get the job done, and I think THAT'S what sticks in yer craw...moreso than anything I can say.

I will never cheer them or consider them as contenders, but they do have some good players...divers, biters and hair-pullers notwithstanding.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Mysterious, pop can stove stashin', gps totin', overnighter virgin, wannabe tentmaker and foul weather wuss who rides a thumper to the trailhead with wonderdog Max to hike the Chilliwack Valley

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  8:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jd22

quote:
Originally posted by TheShadow

I fail to see which part of my original post was not factual...maybe you could be a sport and point it out to me instead of being petulant

quote:
Originally posted by TheShadpw
On the flip side, they face Columbus like six times, Edmonton five, etc. etc.

Ok...they face Columbus FOUR times instead of six...wow!
The point was, they faced a LOT of lowly teams (which happen to be in their division) more often than the other top teams will.

Edited by - TheShadow on 04/01/2012 8:19 PM

jd22

Ask me next week, British Columbia, sometimes.
Canada

1889 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  8:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I fail to see which part of my original post was not factual...maybe you could be a sport and point it out to me instead of being petulant

quote:
Originally posted by TheShadpw
On the flip side, they face Columbus like six times, Edmonton five, etc. etc.

Ok...they face Columbus FOUR times instead of six...wow!
The point was, they faced a LOT of lowly teams (which happen to be in their division) more often than the other top teams will.

Then why doesn't Boston have 107 points like Vancouver? They also play in a weak division.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  8:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Second in the NE is Ottawa...11th overall and currently on a 4-game winning streak.
Second in the NW division is Colorado...18th overall. That might have something to do with it.

Or maybe Boston isn't quite as "good" as Vancouver in the regular season, but that didn't mean a thing last year either, did it?
Damn...I'm bringing "history" into it again!

Edited by - TheShadow on 04/01/2012 8:33 PM

jd22

Canada

1889 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  9:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Montreal and Toronto are equal to Minnesota and Edmonton in points. Buffalo = Calgary. Ottawa has 92 with Colorado at 88. Not exactly a huge difference. Meanwhile Vancouver is ahead of Boston by 9.

The point is, your 'weaker division' theory isn't the only or even main reason the Canucks are leading the west, but you refuse to realize it.

jd22

Canada

1889 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I give you three and a half classless Subbans for your trolling efforts.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As of today:
Montreal = 73
Toronto = 77
Minnesota = 78
Edmonton = 73

FAIL...
quote:
Ottawa has 92 with Colorado at 88. Not exactly a huge difference.

So in just one post, you manage to miss by FIVE points, and you say I pull facts out of my ass?
Wow.
As I said...maybe Boston doesn't play as well as the Canucks, during the regular season...did you miss that part?

quote:
The point is, your 'weaker division' theory isn't the only or even main reason the Canucks are leading the west, but you refuse to realize it.

I never said it was the ONLY reason...but as usual, someone says something negative about your Canucks and you fly into a blind rage.

So...ONE MORE TIME for the truly dense: The Canucks have a good line up...not as good as LAST year's, but still decent. Yes, I'm saying it...got it now?

But I'll give you two diving Lapierre's...one hair-pulling Burrows...two sisters...and a guy who will never drop his gloves (you figure it out), for your retort.

Funny how any non-Canuck fan is a "troll"...as labeled by a Canuck fan!

Edited by - TheShadow on 04/01/2012 10:38 PM

jd22

Canada

1889 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  10:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the time of my posting the numbers were correct. With Minnesota winning in the shoot out they got one more point.

These are yesterday's standings. You may work out the math if you really want to.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't got the time...

You still FAIL.

Edited by - TheShadow on 04/01/2012 10:40 PM

jd22

Canada

1889 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  10:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If sound logic constitutes a 'fail', then you must win your entire life.
ClubTread Supporter

AcesHigh
Advanced Member

Chilliwack, BC
Canada

7500 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  03:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - AcesHigh on 04/02/2012 06:36 AM

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If sound logic constitutes a 'fail', then you must win your entire life.

Quoting erroneous stats is "sound logic"? Wow.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  06:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SO by the looks of things, Vancouver will be facing San Jose in the first round instead of Phoenix. Vancouver should take that series in 5 games.
Detroit/Nashville should be interesting, as they have split their series through the regular season...
Pittsburgh/Philly will be the series to watch, for sure!

Other predictions:
St Louis over Phoenix
Chicago over LA
Rangers over Caps
NJ over Florida
Up in the air regarding Boston/Ottawa. At first I was going to say Boston hands-down, but the Sens have been on a tear of late. Then again, Ottawa has never done well in the playoffs. Tough to pick this one.

Anything to offer in the way of predictions JD, or would you rather continue spinning stats to suit your cause?

Edited by - TheShadow on 04/02/2012 07:26 AM

Candy Sack
Intermediate Member

over the hills and far away
Canada

917 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  09:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to man up Shadow and finally admit the Canucks have a good team! Too bad you did it in such a passive agressive, insulting, and troll like way. I'm not saying they'll win the cup, but it means something to a fan to have his team rank at the top after battling adversity and having chumps like you insult it throughout the whole season.

Will you remind us, who do you actually cheer for? I mean, surely you can't be so wise about hockey, and not have a favorite team?

jd22

Canada

1889 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  09:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candy Sack

Way to man up Shadow and finally admit the Canucks have a good team! Too bad you did it in such a passive agressive, insulting, and troll like way. I'm not saying they'll win the cup, but it means something to a fan to have his team rank at the top after battling adversity and having chumps like you insult it throughout the whole season.

Will you remind us, who do you actually cheer for? I mean, surely you can't be so wise about hockey, and not have a favorite team?

He'll be cheering for whomever the Canucks are playing against.

I will wait til the standings are finalized, the pacific division is way too close to make any predictions right now. LA or PHX etc could go from 3rd to 9th within a couple of hours.
ClubTread Supporter

AcesHigh
Advanced Member

Chilliwack, BC
Canada

7500 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will hold onto my cards personally, of course I will be throwing the Canucks back into the deck.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candy Sack
Way to man up Shadow and finally admit the Canucks have a good team! Too bad you did it in such a passive agressive, insulting, and troll like way.
quote:
I'm not saying they'll win the cup, but it means something to a fan to have his team rank at the top after battling adversity and having chumps like you insult it throughout the whole season.
Let's see now...you jump into the fray after 84 odd pages...yet you don't even know who MY team is, or acknowledge that I HAVE given props to Vancouver and its lineup (last year's AND this years)...but I'm the troll...another FAIL.
Some of you need to get a handle on your emotions...the rest of us were talking hockey until the easily-butthurt jumped into the mix.

Go back to page 1 and you'll see, I have never made it any sort of secret that am a Habs fan....and I remain a Habs fan (despite popular opinion around here) even when they are at the bottom of the pile.
You remember the Habs...they beat the Canucks 4-1 last time they were here.

So fill yer boots and insult the Canadiens all you want, I have enough faith in my team as to not get my candy sack in a knot if you want to toss some barbs their way, or call their players "classless". They are the sort of champions that all the other teams aspire to be. Unmatched number of Stanley Cup victories, unmatched run of Consecutive SC victories...a dynasty against which all others will be measured.
Not doing so good this year but...meh!

quote:
He'll be cheering for whomever the Canucks are playing against.
Correct...and I'm sure JD will be THE FIRST to rub my nose in every Canuck victory from now until elimination.
But I'm the "chump"...LOL!

Edited by - TheShadow on 04/02/2012 1:01 PM

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  11:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I will wait til the standings are finalized, the pacific division is way too close to make any predictions right now. LA or PHX etc could go from 3rd to 9th within a couple of hours.

Fair enough...my predictions are subject to change, based on these same conditions.

TheShadow
Advanced Member

Chwk
Canada

5082 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  9:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why Luongo should NOT be your "#1" goalie.

Good effort to come back from such a deficit. Good game for Burrows, brutal game for Lou and Gragnani...

ClubTread Supporter

AcesHigh
Advanced Member

Chilliwack, BC
Canada

7500 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if anyone here has seen "The Hockey Sweater"?
http://www.nfb.ca/film/sweater
Kind of funny actually.
Page: of 90 Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 All Forums > Lodge > The Lodge Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam