Basic backpacking outfit (almost) -- SOLD
Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

charisboof

North Vancouver, BC
Canada

62 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  3:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
Hello good clubtread people! I haven't posted on here in a long time (my bad), but I'm moving and am downsizing my gear closet. I figured I'd offer it up here first in case anyone was interested before putting it on craigslist. Admittedly the stuff is a bit dated, but is all very well kept. You could *almost* have a complete beginner pack with this stuff, except for a tent or tarp. If you want the whole shebang then I can sell it as a package for $150.

Gregory Palisades backpack (with original documents) - $75
Size: small, 77 litres/4700 inches
weight: 3.0 kg, 6 lbs 10 oz
This is a classic pack. I didn't need as much interior space, though, so now I use an Osprey Ariel (which I quite like). It's in great shape and ready for a strong back.

North Face Blue Kazoo down sleeping bag (with original bag and documents) - $60
Size: regular, right zip
Temp rating: -7 to 2C/20 to 35F
Original weight: 1.1kg/2 lbs 7 oz
This sleeping bag's down started to compress so last year I sent it back to TNF for restuffing. It has new feathers and is also a bit heavier than the original weight. I think the original temp rating was a bit optimistic. I've upgraded to a Marmot Helium.

Original Thermarest shortie - $20
(not sure of the original specs, but is 1.5" thick)
No leaks of which I'm aware. Again, I've upgraded (Big Agnes insulated aircore - dreamy).

MSR Rapidfire stove with MSR pot and MSR carrying bag - $20
This stove did me well for lots of years. I don't have the original specs on it, but it was an early attempt at an ultralight isobutane stove. It works very well. The carrying bag is a little worn, but has some years in it yet. (yes, I'm a Jetboil convert)

Send me an email if you're interested. I'm located in North Van.

Thanks for looking!
- Charis

Edited by - charisboof on 12/21/2009 11:13 AM
  Topic  
 All Forums > ClubTread Community > Gear for sale! ClubTread Buy and Sell Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam