British Columbia - Vancouver Island
 FIRE, FIRE , FIRE. 1-800-663-5555 / *5555cell
Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

cambium
Advanced Member

3022 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  11:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
Yesterday took the family to a hidden gem. Temperatures very high.

Road closures every where. Big white & red signs. Big yellow signs.
Dusty +++.

So two guys at a waters' edge , on a very windy day start up a Fire ? So blisteringly hot they can not
even sit close to it but still feed it for 1.5 hours ? They couldn't / wouldn't hear us.
In deferance to other possible hikers or nudists in the area, I did not signal them with
10 or so centerfires. Choose to zoom in and record and " babysit their fire " from the distance,
and later we located their vehicle .

That same evening we noticed one and two day old evidence of fire pits in surrounding back country.

When we arrived home late, placed our call to 1-800-663- 5555. They were interested, and called back
20 minutes later to confirm details.

{ Those goombas not likely on this forum, still, here is their I.D. > newer black Ford ranger
# AP 0150, for those compatriots hiking Mt. Arrowsmith/upper cameron valley , eyes-open }.

Ignorance in the extreme. Am returning there soon to follow thru .

...cambium.

Edited by - cambium on 07/26/2009 9:21 PM

prother

Qualicum Beach, BC
Canada

1592 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  09:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good on you Cambium, for reporting the fire makers and good you didn't confront them, but quietly took a few photos. I would encourage everyone, in these dry times to record and report any infractions... even a tossed cigarette from a vehicle. Write down the licence plate number and report it. They will not likely get charged, but they will get a stern warning and go in the knowledge that they are being watched.

PR
  Topic  
 All Forums > Regional Discussion > British Columbia - Vancouver Island Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam