Phillips Bushwack
Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

fernwoodguy

Victoria, BC
Canada

185 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  8:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
Does anyone know how the bush bash is from Mt Phillips to Phillips Creek?

Edited by - fernwoodguy on 07/22/2009 9:17 PM

ryanguy

Nanaimo, BC
Canada

113 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  10:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not pleasant. I guess it was more unpleasant because we were looking for a trail or flagged route the whole way down and found none. We stuck to the center of the ridge as best we could but it is not very prominent. There are some bluffs but little chance of bluffing out. It is not that steep just a bunch of slide alder and deadfall the you have to pick your way through. I fell many times and was not impressed. Right near the bottom it gets really thick almost requiring a face shield. If you expect it to be bad then it probably won't seem that arduous.
Before the decent the ridge is very narrow and steep on both sides with some exposure in spots which is interesting.
That section of the route doesn't get much traffic I gather for the above reasons. It is really neat though.
Are you planning a trip soon?

fernwoodguy

Victoria, BC
Canada

185 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  09:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm heading up to Marble Meadows next month and want to keep the option open of doing the circle...thanks for the info.
  Topic  
 All Forums > Regional Discussion > British Columbia - Vancouver Island Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam