Intermediate Member

n van, bc
Canada

830 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norona

New in box 2008-09 $250.00 save on retail and tax...cheers dave

Hehe, I saw you in the North Shore News--recognized the name. Good luck on your next crazy expedition! Hmmmm... Maybe you should hold onto that tracker. Might just need it.

nortonchum

1356 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  7:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave.

I'll take it for 200$

norona

North Vancouver, BC
Canada

1073 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  10:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no thanks.

time2clmb
Advanced Member

Alberta-based choss climbin', flame throwin', rappel lovin', ass talkin' hater who doesn't like "Gumby" for a descriptor

6302 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You probably get all this stuff for free too.

norona

North Vancouver, BC
Canada

1073 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  5:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing is free...

Companies never give anything for free-they exchange goods for money or service. You either pay for it with money or give more value through service. In my humble opinion it is harder and more work to do it through service. Many people believe sponsorship is someone or a company giving you free stuff cause your nice. Does not work that way. When I work with companies I shoot for a 10:1 ratio. I provide them with 10 times the advertising or media dollars than the products they give me are worth so actually I usually pay 6-8 times more for a product than you do off the shelf. Now who seems to get the better deal...just something to think about...

Beacons are now sold to happy skiers..thanks
ClubTread Supporter

LeeL
Advanced Member

Extreme ski tourin, mountain bikin addict who hikes at least once a year

2630 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  5:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what if he gets it for free? Thx for passing along good deals Dave/

time2clmb
Advanced Member

Alberta-based choss climbin', flame throwin', rappel lovin', ass talkin' hater who doesn't like "Gumby" for a descriptor

6302 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  6:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norona

Nothing is free...

Companies never give anything for free-they exchange goods for money or service. You either pay for it with money or give more value through service. In my humble opinion it is harder and more work to do it through service. Many people believe sponsorship is someone or a company giving you free stuff cause your nice. Does not work that way. When I work with companies I shoot for a 10:1 ratio. I provide them with 10 times the advertising or media dollars than the products they give me are worth so actually I usually pay 6-8 times more for a product than you do off the shelf. Now who seems to get the better deal...just something to think about...

Beacons are now sold to happy skiers..thanks

I have to admit, I totally did not take that into account. You make a totally solid point. I will take my foot out of my mouth and go stick my head back in my ass. I apologize for talking out of my ass on this one.

nortonchum

1356 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  12:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave

If you change you mind, drop me an email. It's still 200$

Edited by - nortonchum on 10/18/2008 09:50 AM

norona

North Vancouver, BC
Canada

1073 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  4:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time2Climb-Not at all. I was just adding to what sponsorship is as many people wonder how it works. I have written many pieces on sponsorship to help others learn the marketing side of how to get it. It definitely is not easy but few things in life are...I have just done it for a very long time and asked and learned what companies want and if you provide that then will help you in return. The same as any job. If i do a crap job the companies I work with would never re-sign me..etc.

Hope your getting out climbing a lot and getting excited for winter....I certainly am...cheers dave

Topic  
 All Forums > ClubTread Community > Gear for sale! ClubTread Buy and Sell Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam