Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

Justin Case
Intermediate Member

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

744 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  11:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
I know this thread is not for commercial outlets, but this message circulated around the Ridge Meadows Outdoor Club yesterday. It's a good deal and they probably won't last long (although the quality probably isn't top). And I'm not affiliated whatsoever with LW.

At Liquidation World, on Dewdney near 223rd in Maple Ridge, there are collapsible poles for $4.99 per pole. They have cups, plastic tips, and are adjustable in 3 places; the handle is 'walking cane' style, with a foam grip just under it, and an adjustable strap attached to the handle grip. At $4.99 per pole they're surely worth a look. Made in China. I bought a set just for spares, in case something happens to my MEC set. Located in a bin near the back of the store,just before the paint section, near the East wall of the store. In a variety of colors. There seemed to be a couple dozen sets left.

KARVITK
Advanced Member

Happy go lucky, plaid wearin, postholin, safeway gaitor sportin, old-school film shootin, giver of many regards

Abbotsford, B.C.
Canada

14699 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  10:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw that one, Cees. Picked up a set, have yet to try them out. Being $5, I hope they will last long enough. they look good though with rubber tips and three rings for adjustment.... I think.

K

Justin Case
Intermediate Member

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

744 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a look at them today. They're more like collapsible canes than hiking poles. They don't extend very long (110 cm) but for a short person they'd be ok as trekking poles. Taller people might want to use them like walking canes. There were about 20 or so left.

They are a good deal, but the better deal was the grocery bag with about $12 worth of canned food someone had left on the parking lot beside my car -- tuna, salmon, soups, cream of corn, mushrooms.
ClubTread Supporter

AcesHigh
Advanced Member

Chilliwack, BC
Canada

7494 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  11:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Case

They are a good deal, but the better deal was the grocery bag with about $12 worth of canned food someone had left on the parking lot beside my car -- tuna, salmon, soups, cream of corn, mushrooms.

Isn't that also where the canned food drop off is for the salvation army?
ClubTread Supporter

The Hiker
Advanced Member

Fleece thong wearin, Buntzen Lurkin, mystic poet mountain man and international spokesman of the friends of the white squirrel society

Port Moody, B.C.
Canada

6102 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  04:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Zing"
Food Bank
8-22726 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge
  Topic  
 All Forums > ClubTread Community > Gear for sale! ClubTread Buy and Sell Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam