Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

bostonbond
Starting Member

Chilliwack, bc
Canada

2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  9:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
Anyone Know of any hikes with interesting rock collecting sites??
ClubTread Supporter

Farmer
Advanced Member

Outward Bound author of the Seinfeld Thread, who builds his own snowshoes

Troy, MT
USA

3287 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  2:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on the sides of the old logging roads above harrison lake, you can find TONS of fossils. I can't remember the exact directions to the place, but I'll see if I can find them

craggers

Burnaby
202 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  2:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Farmer

on the sides of the old logging roads above harrison lake, you can find TONS of fossils. I can't remember the exact directions to the place, but I'll see if I can find them

Must be the final resting place of old hikers.
ClubTread Supporter

BillyGoat
Advanced Member

Satirical photoshop junkie who frolics in the mountains of the Chilliwack River Valley

Aldergrove, BC
Canada

7345 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  3:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The base of the waterfall above the BC Hydro Hydroelectric plant by Herrling Island is supposed to have some cool agates and stuff.

2IRON
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
20-Mile Ck is where
quote:

ClubTread Supporter

Dru
Mountain Grammar Police

Sardonic sandbagging scoundrel, Cascade Climbers lobotomized spraymeister, space blanket flyer, new millennium vulgarian betaboy and friend to all squids

Climbing, a mountain
Canada

∞ Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BillyGoat

The base of the waterfall above the BC Hydro Hydroelectric plant by Herrling Island is supposed to have some cool agates and stuff.

That site has big quartz crystals. The good site for agates is up at Goldpan Park on the Thompson. Neither is a good hiking site especially.

Good hiking with rockhounding destinations would be Red Mountain Mine in Slesse Creek; Copper Mound near Tenquille lake; Gray Rock Mine near Mt Truax; Eureka Mine below Isolillock; Silverdaisy Mine of course. Much of the South Chilcotins, especially Cinnabar Basin. And of course Slumach's Lost Gold

magnetite

North Vancouver, BC
Canada

1580 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  1:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2IRON

20-Mile Ck is where
quote:

KM 29, at the base of the boulder talus near the cliffs on the East side of the road. It's easy to spot because it looks like a quarry. The Hale creek road is also a good spot, and a bit of a hike from the main road.
  Topic  
 All Forums > Regional Discussion > British Columbia - Mainland Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam