Camping fashion 2003
Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2
ClubTread Supporter

BillyGoat
Advanced Member

Satirical photoshop junkie who frolics in the mountains of the Chilliwack River Valley

Aldergrove, BC
Canada

7329 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2003 :  12:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
Fellow C.T.ers,

I'm sure there are many of us out there who have our favorite campwear; either during the hike or once at our destination.
I'll start out with my fashion pose and if anyone else is bold enough, let them add their fashion preferences to the string!

The spirit is willing, but the body is weak!

Jimbo
Forest Gnome

adventure seeking, peak-bagging, high-enduring, strong and silent forest gnome

N49°09', W122°47'
Canada

3823 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  7:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here we are, nearly two years later. Anything changed, BG?

I'd add my camping attire, but it seems to me that I spend most of my time camped behind the computer these days. That's soon to change though!

kman

Alberta-based choss climbin', flame throwin', rappel lovin', ass talkin' hater who doesn't like "Gumby" for a descriptor

1100 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  8:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no not the poly pro undies / shorts combo

Edited by - kman on 04/13/2005 8:09 PM

Rachelo
Advanced Member

Calgary, Alberta
Andorra

4131 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  8:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^why not?

blackfly
Advanced Member

Manitoba's misadventurin' bushwhackin', dog sloggin', dehydratin', beer drinkin' biggie - who's eager to peak bag Mt Currie in a dress

Squamish
5078 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  8:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Tim

Some friends bought me some Rad pants for christmas this year because they didn't like my combats - said I look too much like a hunter/redneck (not to imply that any hunters are rednecks, they said I looked like a redneck in those pants).
ClubTread Supporter

exscape
Advanced Member

Outdoors addicted flyfishing, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking car crooner and resident motormouth

Da'Wack, BC
Canada

5392 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  8:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Here we are, nearly two years later. Anything changed, BG?

Not a thing
ClubTread Supporter

Dru
Mountain Grammar Police

Sardonic sandbagging scoundrel, Cascade Climbers lobotomized spraymeister, space blanket flyer, new millennium vulgarian betaboy and friend to all squids

Climbing, a mountain
Canada

∞ Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  9:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rachelo

^why not?

Because it sucks!
ClubTread Supporter

Dru
Mountain Grammar Police

Sardonic sandbagging scoundrel, Cascade Climbers lobotomized spraymeister, space blanket flyer, new millennium vulgarian betaboy and friend to all squids

Climbing, a mountain
Canada

∞ Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  9:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blackfly

Nice one Tim

Some friends bought me some Rad pants for christmas this year because they didn't like my combats - said I look too much like a hunter/redneck (not to imply that any hunters are rednecks, they said I looked like a redneck in those pants).

I've got news for you Rad Pants aka Suck Pants don't look much better! Although the newest edition is much much better than those old style ones with the scrunchy ankle cuff. {v}
ClubTread Supporter

trillium

challenge seeker, bagless sleeper, bare bones, trail trooper

Abbotsford, BC
Canada

1957 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  9:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have to think on my favorite camp preferences, but I gotta say I've always been jealous of CB for her styling camp attire!! I think I need to go shopping with her.

picture

mick range
Extreme Hoser

Trail running, bike hucking, fast packing, beer drinking collector of pine cones on a day pass

AKA

Dances with Trees

Forest Gnome Cabin
Canada

13559 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  9:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Goat is cool,no matter what the clothingYou have to be cool to drive an eighteen wheeler,well,that,and keep refilling that coffee mug continuously
As someone who sticks to mountain bike wear,I have to ask,due to ignorance"What the heck are rad pants?"
ClubTread Supporter

Dru
Mountain Grammar Police

Climbing, a mountain
Canada

∞ Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  9:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rad Pants are what everyone wore in about 1994 when they wanted to look "outdoorsy". MEC made them, a one-cargo-pocket, lightweight nylon pant that famously got thrashed if you so much as stepped off a trail into the bushes. Outdated.

Shadee
sweet n innocent

ass wigglin, cheese lovin, 4x4 drivin, apostrophe hatin, hiking chick who loves camping on snow

spaceship..
Canada

7209 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  9:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trillium

I'll have to think on my favorite camp preferences, but I gotta say I've always been jealous of CB for her styling camp attire!! I think I need to go shopping with her.

Oh my Trillium, I thought that one was long forgotten
ClubTread Supporter

martin
Advanced Member

Grouse Grinding, GPS carrying, lawn chair packing, bike riding North Shore tech addict who stares at Crown Mountain from his office window all day

North Vancouver
Canada

2018 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who cares what you look like on the trail, it ain't a fashion show. If the clothing works for you than wear it!
ClubTread Supporter

Dru
Mountain Grammar Police

Climbing, a mountain
Canada

∞ Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But you gotta look styling in the trip report photos!

mick range
Extreme Hoser

Trail running, bike hucking, fast packing, beer drinking collector of pine cones on a day pass

AKA

Dances with Trees

Forest Gnome Cabin
Canada

13559 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
picture
Aha,Google knows all.Who wants a pair?
Oh,and Claire,you look great in that photoshop classic
ClubTread Supporter

exscape
Advanced Member

Outdoors addicted flyfishing, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking car crooner and resident motormouth

Da'Wack, BC
Canada

5392 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arrrggh! and me stuck away from home with no photoshop

Anybody else wana take a crack at Dru-lander

Edited by - exscape on 04/13/2005 11:39 PM

Shadee
sweet n innocent

ass wigglin, cheese lovin, 4x4 drivin, apostrophe hatin, hiking chick who loves camping on snow

spaceship..
Canada

7209 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  11:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dru-lander or Droo(L)-lander, now that could be funny

we could put Rad pants on him, or even better polypro under shorts look

Just look what happened to Claire! Anything is possible in photoshop

Edited by - Shadee on 04/13/2005 11:49 PM

mick range
Extreme Hoser

AKA

Dances with Trees

Forest Gnome Cabin
Canada

13559 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zoolander,I've said it before,is one of my fave movies.You gotta love the gas fight!
Thanks for the laugh,Shadee

greenhorn
Intermediate Member

Surrey, BC
Canada

610 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  01:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martin

Who cares what you look like on the trail, it ain't a fashion show. If the clothing works for you than wear it!

This might be true if there is no chance of meeting anyone and you are not taking self-portraits.

blackfly
Advanced Member

Manitoba's misadventurin' bushwhackin', dog sloggin', dehydratin', beer drinkin' biggie - who's eager to peak bag Mt Currie in a dress

Squamish
5078 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  06:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dru

quote:
Originally posted by blackfly

Nice one Tim

I've got news for you Rad Pants aka Suck Pants don't look much better! Although the newest edition is much much better than those old style ones with the scrunchy ankle cuff. {v}

Ha, I know! They wouldn't be my first choice, either. Lately I've been going back to some even older pants that I use for paddling. The combat pants are incredibly comfortable and easy to move in, the pockets are functional, but they don't look very good, no doubt. And I've worn a hole in the bum.

Scottmojowright

Victoria, BC
Canada

348 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  1:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AHOY METIS,
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 All Forums > Lodge > Outdoor / Hiking Humor Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam