Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

kalbert
Starting Member

Vancouver, B.C.
2 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  10:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
Hi,

I am leaving for Cuba on Dec. 2 for a bike trip. I wanted to take down an old bike that I can leave there at the end of the trip. Do you have an old mountain or touring bike that you don't use any more and want to clear out? I am 5ft4 so I am looking for a 16 - 19 inch frame. On the shorter side is better. The frame size is measured along the vertical bar from where it joins the lower bar to where the seat stem is inserted.

If you're willing to part with an old bike of yours, I'll bring you back a bottle of Cuban rum.

Thanks,
Karin

banana

vancouver, b.c.
Canada

235 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  11:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an old mountain bike that may work for you. It might be a bit big, though. I'll post again after I check the measurements. It would also need new tires and a good tune up. You may be able to find something that doesn't need any work. Anyway, you're more than welcome to it if the bike would work for you!
ClubTread Supporter

Aqua Terra
Advanced Member

canine loving, machete-toting bushwhacking lake seeker, Indiana Jones hat-wearing off-road 4x4 guru

Mission, BC
Canada

7770 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  11:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pawn shops carry lots of decent bikes from 50$ and up.May have good luck going that route and you get to try them out to see if it is suitable.
Good luck in Cuba.
I was there some time ago but did not see much past Varadero to Havannah.A bike tour will be great.

banana

vancouver, b.c.
Canada

235 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  1:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kalbert, you've got mail!

I remeasured my bike, and it came out as 16 inches this time. It's a solid old Kuwahara. Let me know . . .
  Topic  
 All Forums > ClubTread Community > Gear for sale! ClubTread Buy and Sell Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam