534 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  11:51 PM  Show Profile
hey jackson,nice to hear from you , i know your a busy guy, thanks

Bavarian Raven

Coquitlam, British Columbia
Canada

1727 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  08:12 AM  Show Profile
I'm going in there next summer...for several long days with my good old trusty gold pan and prospectors hand pick...wish me luck.

hiker11
Intermediate Member

maple
Canada

534 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  09:12 AM  Show Profile
Bavarian raven, be carefull in those hills, its not the animals anymore, its the strange people in there, and other things that cant be explained,that I've seen over the years, I see alot guys are on the west side of pitt lake, Iv'e never being up pitt or on the west side, always between alloette and stave lakes, im in those hills 3 or 4 days every week i live so close, i can be in there in 15 min.

Bavarian Raven

Canada

1727 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  5:05 PM  Show Profile
Luky u...being able to get in there within 15-20 min. And yes i know there are some 'crazy' people back there and i too, have seen many strange, unexplainable things back in that area. That's why i've got three other people who want to go with me-and yes, they know their way around the woods and have some wilderness knowledge-not as much as i do, mind you. But thanks for the warning. PS, just a thought but are you allowed to carry a rifle in the backcountry around Pitt lake...i'm taking a hunting course this fall...

pmicheals
Advanced Member

Richmond, BC
Canada

2584 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  6:46 PM  Show Profile

Perhaps you should take a macro shot of the mineralization and ask magnetite what it is. The substance looks angular in appearance so my guess would be a form of pyrite.

----------------------------------------
Paul

Dirt Diggler
Intermediate Member

881 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  7:04 PM  Show Profile
B.R. with a hunting license and f.a.c. you can carry a rifle almost anywhere.As long as it's not concealed.I don't think the r.c.m.p. in downtown poco would like it too much though. As a matter of fact it is legal to carry a trigger locked firearm to the range and back.If you were stopped by an officer though you would probably be hassled quite badly although no charges could be laid.

1of3

Vancouver, BC
Canada

119 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  8:48 PM  Show Profile
Pics From Spindle Valley Trip

First 1 minute

7th min

Some time later

Small Boulders

Medium Boulders
Some boulders like house
Many Sleeping Spots

Good Example of Boulder Camping
No tent could be parked in the Valley
Pretty much useless out here, well almost
Serious limitations on the camping spots

Head Injury by 1of3
Cant leave home without one
Always seem to work one in

Raining Fog
Fog goes in Fog goes out

Widgeon Lake

Widgeon Lake

We was looking for old prospector camps
Found none

Looking for gold nuggets
Found none

Looking for Slumachs Lost Mine
Found none ... gee really?

Very scary journey in the Spindle Valley
Just enough to make you think .. what am I doing here
But just tolerable enough to carry on

So seemingly remote but will call you back...

Back again... yes back.... DANG!

Ok I have to light some incense and get sensitive.....G Night

Edited by - 1of3 on 10/10/2006 9:01 PM

KARVITK
Advanced Member

Happy go lucky, plaid wearin, postholin, safeway gaitor sportin, old-school film shootin, giver of many regards

Abbotsford, B.C.
Canada

14492 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  9:12 PM  Show Profile
Interesting mystery and area.

Regards,

Bavarian Raven

Canada

1727 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  06:32 AM  Show Profile
Now which is the best way to get to spindle cayon, according to the map, there are several ways to get to the area.

1of3

Vancouver, BC
Canada

119 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  08:54 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bavarian Raven

Now which is the best way to get to spindle cayon, according to the map, there are several ways to get to the area.

The quickest way is to goto Debeck creek and follow it to spindle creek.
Then you would have to swim a small part of the lake say maybe 100 feet.
Any other route is going to take a very very long time.
Going to Debeck you could get you there in 4-7 hours depending on wetness of the terrain and your bushwacking skillz.

To get to Debeck you could paddle to where Debeck creek meets PItt Lake from the Canoe rental place. This is by far the quickest and easiest way in my lowly opinion.

Bavarian Raven

Canada

1727 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  1:39 PM  Show Profile
Are you sure you have to swim part of the lake, there must be a way around?

Bavarian Raven

Canada

1727 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  5:32 PM  Show Profile
Ow, one more thing, does anyone have any pics of the mouth of Debeck creek and the mouth of spindle creek they could post? And if anyone could post a detailed map of the spindle/debeck creek area...my thanks...

hiker11
Intermediate Member

maple
Canada

534 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  10:02 PM  Show Profile

hey Raven, im heading up to raven tomorrow for afew day's to get away from the ravens here [ wife and kids] WOW debeck cr and spindle sounds like a busy place, never gone there yet,maby one day

Jackson

Langley, B.C.
Canada

232 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  12:36 AM  Show Profile
Hey Hiker and 10f3

Sorry I have not called those who I was supposed to call but I have had some things I have had to take care of in the last couple of days. Hey hiker you have fun at Raven creek. I gather you have a cabin up there or something? In regards to the rock sample. I would say its Pyrite, perhaps there is gold in there you just cant see it an assay is the only way to go. In regards to a sulphur smell in the area you are hiking through, start looking around for some rust. I hope all this does not turn Spindle into a tourist attraction. If it does oh well most will not make in there. Here is a picture of it from the air if anyone is interested.

http://www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/slumachspindlegold.html

Jackson

Edited by - Jackson on 10/12/2006 12:46 AM

Bavarian Raven

Canada

1727 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  06:50 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the photo...

gchicalo
Intermediate Member

Lasqueti Island, British Columbia
Canada

534 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  08:20 AM  Show Profile
There may be a route around Spindle Lake; one must explore and discover.

The best way to the upper Spindle canyon?
The DeBeck route (via canoeing Pitt Lake) is fraught with danger and possible complications due to winds, tides, and currents. We got lucky when we did it. Very lucky. Expect delays. Stay near the shore but watch out for the tidal flats on a falling tide.

gchicalo
Intermediate Member

Lasqueti Island, British Columbia
Canada

534 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  10:25 AM  Show Profile
An image of the fabled sand of the upper Spindle canyon, under which lies the black sand that carries the gold downstream into Spindle Lake. There, in the frigid waters of Spindle Lake, it settles to the bottom as there is no current to speak of. The gold does not make its way down the lower Spindle Canyon, thereby keeping its existence secret.

Hiker11, you say you have photos? Post them here, for all of us to see. Tell us your story. Sharing of information will bring us closer to the treasure that awaits. Give us something, as well as you Jackson, and you both will have more for yourselves. I have more.

Bavarian Raven

Canada

1727 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  5:08 PM  Show Profile
We will see...

Jackson

Langley, B.C.
Canada

232 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  7:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey,

I have shared plenty. If it was not for me you would not even be standing next to spindle lake. If I had not mentioned Spindle canyon what reason would anyone have to go there. There are many other sites in the Pitt that may have gold but I am scared to mention them online for fear that you will steal them from me. Your other partner 1of3 who I have talked to on the phone seems more honest but you dont even answer my email, why is that? So at the moment, I will not be posting anymore pictures nor giving any further clues to where you can find gold in that canyon or gold in the Pitt for that matter. In regards to the Black Sand, you are not in the right spot. Also do you have the GPS coordintates of were you found the sample in the canyon?

Jackson

Edited by - Jackson on 10/12/2006 8:29 PM
Page: of 21 Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 All Forums > Lodge > The Lodge

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam