April Fools Day!
Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2
ClubTread Supporter

Rented Mule
Advanced Member

Utah's canyon trekking,deck chair packing desert explorer who dreams of visiting Canada someday

3988 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply to this posting
What April Fools Day joke did you play on someone? Or, did they get you?

In the Navy, I was a supply clerk (storekeeper) onboard ship. A new recruit came storming into the supply office with an extremely urgent request for a part for the radar. It was April fools Day, by the way. Every year, something comes our way in supply. We were on high april fools alert. anyway, He was lit up and open for business! He said the radar screen was down and it needed a

are ya ready for this? serious as a heart attack, this young kid uttered these next words as if the fate of the free world relied upon this repair part.

We need a "Fallopian Tube" to fix the radar screen, ASAP!

Everyone in the room busted up laughing. Poor guy. We then told him he had been had by his department. Once we explained what a
Fallopian tube was, he calmed right down. Joking around when you're the rookie or new recruit is always expected. No foul, ho harm...

Ok, who's next? did ya get someone? Or, did they get you?

All in good fun, though?

----------------------------------------
May your trails be crooked, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing views ! Edward Abbey
ClubTread Supporter

trillium

challenge seeker, bagless sleeper, bare bones, trail trooper

Abbotsford, BC
Canada

1957 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  07:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one rates right up there!!

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1156&SearchTerms=April+Fools

Jimbo
Forest Gnome

adventure seeking, peak-bagging, high-enduring, strong and silent forest gnome

N49°09', W122°47'
Canada

3823 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trillium

Good one, RM. That's what I was thinking too, Trill

Shadee
sweet n innocent

ass wigglin, cheese lovin, 4x4 drivin, apostrophe hatin, hiking chick who loves camping on snow

spaceship..
Canada

7209 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  07:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5303

ClubTread Supporter

exscape
Advanced Member

Outdoors addicted flyfishing, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking car crooner and resident motormouth

Da'Wack, BC
Canada

5392 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  08:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh the memories

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5301&SearchTerms=short+bus

Shadee
sweet n innocent

ass wigglin, cheese lovin, 4x4 drivin, apostrophe hatin, hiking chick who loves camping on snow

spaceship..
Canada

7209 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  08:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I was looking for that one this morning

memories of CT - oh no!!! (shadee looks on 10 years from now...)

Bishop
Intermediate Member

yukon hankerin' intrepid dog lovin' fleet footed adventure racing pie packing poet who is ever keen to cave hunt, route find, night hike, and has finally introduced Bishop to Mt. Bishop

Whitehorse, Yukon
Canada

934 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  09:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just filled everyone's umbrellas up with hole punch holes (like I do every year).

haha

Raven 13
Intermediate Member

coquitlam, british columbia
Canada

613 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  10:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good april fools day joke is to add vinigar to your hiking friends water bottle... LOL

JeffK95Z

Reykjavik
Iceland

139 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  10:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pretty much our entire office was had this morning....

We're going through the final stages of a large merger with a massive US company (WPP for those with marketing/advertising knowledge) and we've been handed down many Corperate policies, some of which are good, others are very different then what we're used to.

This morning, the office Director sent out the following email:
----------------------------
In accordance with new WPP regulation effective May 1, 2005 we will all be required to work from 8am to 5pm PST (or longer), without exception!

This is new directive that comes from the concept of "being present" to ourselves, our clients and our network.

If we adhere to this correctly we will be able to avoid the next step of having to move to a time-card system!

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
----------------------------

Needless to say, it scared the crap out of pretty much everyone :)

I replied with:
-----------------------------
That's quite the April fools day joke Justine :)

ha ha ha
-----------------------------

It was more of a question then anything... I just wanted confirmation if it was a joke or not... Thankfully shes not utterly mean, as no doubt she could of kept the joking running all day, but to everyones relief she admitted it was a joke...

PHEW!!!!!
ClubTread Supporter

Dru
Mountain Grammar Police

Sardonic sandbagging scoundrel, Cascade Climbers lobotomized spraymeister, space blanket flyer, new millennium vulgarian betaboy and friend to all squids

Climbing, a mountain
Canada

∞ Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  11:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just put a message on a co-worker's desk while he is out of the office saying a "Mr. Dave Lyon" had called and could he return the call. The phone # is the Greater Vancouver Zoo. We'll see what happens!

Spudcote

Vancouver, BC
Canada

98 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  12:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I thought I was so genious to wake my brothers up usign a leaf blower, although it was rather amusing.

This isn't so much a joke, but just funny:

For all of you who occasionally have a really bad day and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know.

I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I had forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered, saying, "Hello". I politely said, "This is Fred Hanifin. Could I please speak with Robin Carter?" Suddenly, the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't
believe that anyone could be so rude.

I tracked down Robin's correct number and called her. I had transposed the last two digits of her phone number. After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled, "You're an a$$hole!" and hung up.

I wrote his number down with the word 'a$$hole' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, "You're an a$$hole!"
It always cheered me up.

When Caller ID came to our area, I thought my therapeutic 'a$$hole' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, "Hi, this is John Smith from the Telephone Company. I'm just calling to see if you're
familiar with the Caller ID program?" He yelled, "NO!" and slammed the phone down. I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're an a$$hole!"

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I had been waiting for the spot. The idiot ignored me. I noticed a "For Sale" sign in his car
window - so, I wrote down his number. A couple of days later, right after calling the first a$$hole, (I had his number on speed dial), I thought I had better call the BMW a$$hole too.

I said, "Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?"
"Yes, it is." "Can you tell me where I can see it?"
"Yes. I live at 1802 West 34th Street. It's a yellow house, and the car's parked right out in front." "What's your name?" I asked. "My name is Don Hansen," he said.
"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"
"I'm home every evening after five."
"Listen, Don, can I tell you something?"
"Yes?"
"Don, you're an a$$hole." Then I hung up, and added his number to my speed dial, too.

Now, when I had a problem, I had two a$$holes to call. But after several months of calling them, it wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be. So, I came up with an idea. I called a$$hole #1.

"Hello."
"You're an a$$hole!" (But I didn't hang up).
"Are you still ! there?" he asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Stop calling me!" he screamed.
"Make me," I said.
"Who are you?" he asked.
"My name is Don Hansen."
"Yeah? Where do you live?"
"A$$hole, I live at 1802 West 34th Street, a yellow house, with my black Beemer parked in front."
He said, "I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers."
I said, "Yeah, like I'm really scared, a$$hole."

Then I called a$$hole #2.
"Hello?" he said.
"Hello, a$$hole," I said.
He yelled, "If I ever find out who you are --"
"You'll what?" I said.
"I'll kick your a$$!" he exclaimed.
I answered, "Well, a$$hole, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now."

Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 1802 West 34th Street, and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover. Then I called Channel 13 News about the gang war going down on West 34th Street.
I quickly got into my car and headed over to West 34th Street. There I saw two a$$holes beating the crap out of each other in front of six squad cars, a police helicopter, and news crew.

NOW I feel better.

Have a good day.

Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies !!!

Spudcote

BCer

Buntzen roving stealthy beer mule and artist, aspiring weird image findmaster who loves BC

lower mainland
Canada

1647 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  5:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's a lot of time invested, spread out however.
ClubTread Supporter

Ronbo

Edited by
Ron Paley

Maple Ridge, B.C.
Canada

1438 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  6:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LMAO. That was a classic. I will have to try that with the MLA's running in my riding.

Raven 13
Intermediate Member

coquitlam, british columbia
Canada

613 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  6:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone switched my pepsi for coke.

The world is so cruel.
ClubTread Supporter

Q

chocolate lovin, Bailey's slurpin, cold feet hatin', veggie eatin', true Cancerian water lovin', CT smilin', boulder dodgin', nosummitosis survivor

1600 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  01:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spudcote:
I haven't read or heard something that funny for a long time!!
Thanks!
Q
(Did you really do that??)

pdomansky

Surrey, BC
Canada

425 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put ex-lax in my bosses' coffee. Made for an easy day at work, he didn't leave the john all day!

Not all who wander are lost...

HappyBunny

Langley, BC
Canada

151 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  09:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 years ago we packed my bosses office. we emptied the bookshelf, desk, counters. everything in boxes and hidden from site.

1 year ago a coworker announced in mid March that his birthday was April 1, and we shouldn't feel obligated to participate if there was a collection for a gift circulated, and that we could all have a piece of the cake he was guarenteed to get that day.
That sure sounded like a call for attention, so I enlisted the help of a couple co workers and we inflated a few hundred balloons, I wrapped his cubicle in poly from top to bottom and filled it with the balloons. 8 am he arrives and stands outside the cubicle laughing and wondering how he is going to get in there. His phone started ringing and he couldn't get in to answer it.

This at work year we snuck into a managers office and taped a provocative poster to the back of her door. We orchestrated a meeting where she would have to close the door for all meeting attendees to see Mr. 6 pack!

Also this year, my large employer posted an article explaining they were working with the spca in bringing in specially trained cats to combat a mouse problem. the cats were specially trained and would be released every weekend. Litter boxes would be placed in each department and in case some cats could not be rounded up in time Sunday nights then a standby pack of retreivers would be released after them. (being allergic, that one got me going).

Next year. . . who knows!

Some fun hmm, Bambi?

mad owl woman
Advanced Member

Vancouver, BC
Canada

2844 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  10:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was 17, I told my mother I was pregnant.

Don't panic.

Spudcote

Vancouver, BC
Canada

98 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  1:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Q,
I'd like to say I did something like that, but it would be too evil, even for me...

Altough I do know a few poeple and that would be the type of thing they would do.

Glad you enjoyed it.

hike_in_van, that's just evil ...what was the reaction ?

Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies !!!

Spudcote

mad owl woman
Advanced Member

Vancouver, BC
Canada

2844 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  2:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spudcote

hike_in_van, that's just evil ...what was the reaction ?

Ah, the reaction was priceless. She's really melodramatic but for once had nothing to say. Finally she uttered something about getting through this at which point I could no longer keep a straight face and burst out laughing. She didn't think it was funny. She told my father. He didn't think it was funny either. To this day they don't think it was funny. My sister and I killed ourselves laughing.

Don't panic.

Nomad

camera hauling, deli packing, stove exploder who bushwhacks ridges to false summits

South West corner of, BC
Canada

1558 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  7:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trillium

oh gawd that one! what a riot!
That was back in the good old days.

Life never ceases to amaze me.
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 All Forums > Lodge > Outdoor / Hiking Humor Bookmark and Share     Reply to Topic

Register | Active Topics | Top 10 | Search | Guidelines | Report Spam