Jug Island Beach Trail
Short hike in Belcarra Regional Park to a beach head overlooking Jug Island.
||5.2 km (return)
||Linear - Return
From Port Moody, take Ioco Road out Belcarra Regional Park. The trail starts across the road from the NE end of the parking lot.
* Starts at the Belcarra picnic area
* Trailhead located on the east side of the picnic area, just past the picnic shelters.
* Leads about 160 meters before crossing Bedwell Bay Road
* Immediately after crossing the road is a signed junction - left goes to Jug Island Beach, right is the Bedwell Bay trail.
* Initially leads along an old road that is starting to become more "trail-ish"
* Becomes rougher and trail-like, with some minor rocks and roots
* Passes a small pond at approximately halfway and leads below a rockface a distance later. Just past the rock face is a series of wooden stairs
* Shortly after climbing the stairs is a viewpoint over Bedwell Bay.
* Continues, eventually making the final steep descent to the gravel beach, overlooking Jug Island.
||10U 505453 5462241
|Trail crosses road
||10U 505575 5462315
|Bedwell Bay Trail junction
||10U 505599 5462347
||10U 505796 5462962
||10U 505811 5463350
||10U 505925 5463470
||10U 506134 5464127