Follows ridge west of Lindeman Lake and Post Creek, to this rock dome summit east of Williams Peak
||11.0 km (return)
||Linear - Return
Drive Chilliwack Lake Road to Post Creek and park at Post Creek trailhead as for Lindeman Lake, Greendrop Lake, Flora Lake etc.
Walk down to the old campsite and cross the bridge over Post Creek instead of heading up the Lindeman trail.
Now look for flagging tape on the right. If you can't find the start of the trail, head uphill towards the ridge crest (easy bushwacking) and you will find it following the ridge crest.
The summit is also known as Goat Peak (it has no official name), but "Porcupine" seems to be the more popular version based on CT trip reports. Also there are other Goat Peak, Ridges, etc. in the Vancouver area but not Porcupines.
Follow the flagged route steeply uphill along the ridge crest, gaining ~900m, until you gain the subalpine. Continue following the long ridge crest over microterrain and many small bumps, a long way but not difficult route finding, to the summit of Porcupine, a rock dome requiring minor scrambling.
It is possible to continue around the horseshoe ridge over Goetz and past Williams and out to the Williams Ridge trail but this is a very long day or overnight trip, lacking water once snow has melted.
* At Post Creek trailhead, turn left and cross Post Creek over a small decaying bridge
* Follow the old road west until a large boulder on the right, marred with graffiti
* Trailhead located on the left side of the boulder, marked with blazes and flagging tape.
* The route leads directly uphill (no switchbacks) and is extremely well marked with blazes and flagging tape.
* Classified somewhere between a route and a trail - defined footpath, deadfall, etc cut out but still very rough
* Salal growing over trail along the lower elevations
* First viewpoint is on the right - a rocky outcropping above Lindeman Lake. Great view, great spot to take a break.
||10U 612536 5439484
|Flora Lake trailhead
||10U 612488 5439649
|Bridge over Post Creek
||10U 612398 5439773
|Porcupine Peak trailhead
||10U 612285 5439658
||10U 612204 5439865
|First viewpoint (above Lindeman Lake)
||10U 611917 5440598