Plain of Six Tea House
5.3 km one way, elevation gain 365 m, 4 hours round trip
||10.6 km (return)
||6 - 7 hours
||Linear - Return
Trailhead: Follow the Lake Louise Shoreline trail to the back of the lake and continue on to Teahouse.
Trails in the Lake Louise area date to 1890 and were built to provide hiking and climbing opportunities for the Lake Louise Chalet's guests. Soon after, the Canadian Pacific Railway built several tea houses to sustain visitors on their day's outing.
The Plain of Six Glaciers tea house was built in 1924 with the involvement of Edward Feuz, a Swiss guide employed by the CPR. Its stonework was a departure from the usual log construction used at the time.
Built around 1904, the Lake Agnes tea house began its days as a rustic shelter. By the 1920's, it had become "the highest situated tea room in Canada". In 1981, a new tea house was built incorporating several features of the original structure. Today both tea houses are privately operated by local residents.
Refreshments and light snacks available - summer months only.
This entry does not have any waypoints available for it.