||2.0 km (return)
||Loop - Complete
Starts near the Annand/Rowlatt Farmstead.
Part of the trail follows a railway bed used for logging in the early 1900's.
This schoolhouse dates from 1924 and has a very "moving" story. It was built on donated land near 16th Ave. and 227th St. In 1950, it was moved to a larger site and continured operating as a school until 1975. It was then moved to the corner of 16th Ave. and 224th St and used as a community hall. It was moved again in 1988 to the park to help tell the story of pioneer settlement.
Annand was the original owner of the farmstead in 1886. He later sold his farm and some of it was leased to Rowlatt. He owned the farm until 1973 when it was acquired by GVRD Parks. Part of the homestead had been designated as a heritage site and most buildings have been restored.
Order of Canada Grove
Old orchard grove located near the visitor centre and demonstration wildlife garden.
This entry does not have any waypoints available for it.